3D optical scanning is in principle the transfer of a physical object into computer data by means of a 3D scanner. In comparison with contact measuring systems the optical scanner picks up the whole surface at a time. After scanning it creates a computer model of the scanned object and this enables its subsequent export to various data formats. Further function of the optical scanner is comparison of the physical object with the CAD theoretical model and evaluation of shape and position deviations.
The system of 3D scanning in Evektor is supplemented by technology of 3D printing and technology of vacuum casting which are known as Rapid Prototyping. These technologies are used for fast production of fully functional parts with properties close to the real product and they can even replace it.
The technology of Rapid Prototyping along with 3D scanning can be successfully applied at reconstruction of parts, e.g. by means of Reverse Engineering method.
- Digitalization of objects for which no production documentation is available
- Dimension and shape inspection
- Reconstruction of damaged objects
Advantages of Optical Scanning
- Immediate creation of CAD model from the scanned data
- High resolution and accuracy
- Mobility of measuring equipment
- Evaluation of deviations from the CAD data delivered by the customer, acquirement of sections, etc.
- Export of data to various formats
- Possibility of combination with methods of Rapid Prototyping or CAM systems
- Flexibility – it is possible to measure objects ranging from several millimeters to several meters
- Weight and size of the measured object are practically unlimited
- After surface finish it is possible to measure glossy and transparent objects
Offer of Optical Scanning Services
- Digitalization of objects
- Evaluation of customer’s CAD data quality
- Reconstruction of objects and subsequent model creation by means of FDM technologies
- Measuring at the customer’s site